Monday, August 24, 2009

The First Day of School for 5 of us!




The first day went fairly smoothly. Ike and Joe get to be in a brand new school, 4th and 6th grades. Alyssa and Lincoln get to go to preschool on the U of U campus with me. We all started at 8:35 this morning, which means Ike and Joe had to get themselves off to school. They were very responsible. They even set their own alarm and came out of their room at 7:01, completely dressed with backpacks on.

As for me-I seriously misjudged how much time it would take to get to campus during rush hour, and kind of missed my first class...Oops! My teacher only met for 10 minutes today, though, so hopefully he'll be understanding. I'm sure we'll work out the kinks in no time. :)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I actually hate the first day of school it is so stressful for me. I am not looking forward to tomorrow when I start. But I am glad you survived it. :)

Aleena said...

Wow! It's going to be a busy year! Good job getting through the first day.

Alexis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexis said...

All of you, Wow! I'm proud of Ike and Joe for being so responsible. They'll make your life so much easier and better!

Good luck and loves!

Alexis

p.s. Just don't get Swen going back to school, too . . . :-D

Ann Mitchell said...

Congrats on surviving!!! I am now in my 30th year of teaching!!! Check out my class blog:
http://missmitchellsfabulousfifthgrade.blogspot.com

Krista said...

busy bees. That's awesome. I have two going to school and that's already tough (and one is my hubby). Good luck. I hope the preschool is good too at the U. I wish Johnny's school did that.