Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Swen!

Swen turned 34 on Saturday. To celebrate getting one year closer to OLD, his back went out. So instead of going out to dinner on Friday, we sent the kids to a friend's house so we could enjoy a home-date with dinner, movie and a massage while Swen reclined on the sofa! It was funny. On Saturday we had a family party with a mock camp out. We set up the tent in the house, had hot dogs and the older boys and Swen watched Lord of the Rings after the little ones went to bed. It was the easiest birthday dinner I've ever cooked! 30 seconds in the microwave and walla! On Sunday we partied with the whole Howard clan, and we'll celebrate with the Tadje side soon. Talk about spoiled. Swen will have 4 birthday desserts by the time we're done!


Here's Swen in a nutshell...


What is Swen's favorite thing to do? Swen is all about family. He loves to get down and wrestle with the kids or chase them around the house. He is louder than all of the kids combined. Sometimes when they're being loud and he asks them to "bring it down a few notches" I just have to laugh, because I know exactly where they got their exuberance.


Describe Swen's personality... Swen is a true YELLOW personality. He's bright and positive and sees the silver lining in every situation. He's a kid at heart, and intends to stay that way until he's 103. He loves to dream big and he has endless energy. He is full of love, and he's not afraid to share it. He loves learning and he treasures books. He would feel just as comfortable with the president as he would with a homeless person on the street.



If Swen could go anywhere, where would he go? Back to Africa, first. He would love to see the people he met on his mission and be in the land that he fell in love with. He would also love to swim in the bright blue Indian Ocean off the coast of Tanzania, since he was only able to take pictures when he was there before. After Africa, he would love to tour anywhere in the world. He would enjoy learning about the culture and history of any place on the map.



What is Swen passionate about? Everything! The biggies are family and the gospel, of course, but he's also passionate about politics. He can get into a deep discussion on any subject from paint colors to history. His passion for life is unending, and he has a strong opinion on every subject.

What is Swen good at? Giving compliments, hugs, and kisses. Treating me like a queen. Putting babies to sleep. Driving. Being a real estate agent. Staying up late and waking up early. Playing. Dressing like a hottie. Cleaning bathrooms. Anything athletic.



10 things Swen would like to do in the future...


1. Be a race car driver

2. Change his name to Robert (that would be very strange, don't you think?)

3. Become really involved in politics

4. Become wealthy enough to buy some fun things for the family, a few cool trips, pay off student loans, and still be able to give a bunch of money to the needy.

5. Buy his wife (who's satisfied with a CZ) a large diamond ring which he picked out by himself and keeps the picture in his folder for motivation.

6. Travel the world

7. Serve missions with his sweetheart

8. Go back to school for a law degree and maybe a masters in business

9. Own a farm (sorry, honey, you married the wrong girl for that)

10. Most importantly, have an eternal family



I love you, baby! Happy Birthday! (Again)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I loved reading this post! Swen really is such an amazing person! And I thought it was interesting he liked politics so much...I never knew that. It sounds like his birthday was wonderful! I'm glad about that.

Krista said...

I think you got a keeper bex! I agree that I think Swen is one of the nicest, most humble guy that I've ever met.

Aleena said...

Happy Birthday Swen! Becca you are amazing at this whole blog thing! What a great post. Love you guys!

Heidi Schulz said...

Happy Birthday Swen!
(Love your template Becca!)

Alexis said...

I loved reading this about my own brother! Becca, you have described him so well, and I am so grateful he has such a woman as you who loves him and understands him! I was touched and inspired by this description of my brother. How luck I am to know and be related to such a man! Happy Birthday, Big Brother!

Crystal said...

awwww...that's so sweet! what a nice post. i always love reading your blog rebecca,...you're sucha great writer! happy birthday, swen!!

Mom H. said...

Bex,

You are talented with this blogging! I think Dad and I are the luckiest parents--we cannot imagine a better spouse for Swen than you (or daughter for us--or mother for our grandchildren.) You are both totally awesome people!

P.S. You are both young, believe me.