Thursday, September 30, 2010

Important Family News

TOP 10


1. We have finally documented our enlarged family of 7. (Thanks Lexie!)



2. Maxwell has been growing like a milkweed. He is almost 6 months old and full of fun energy.





3. Swen and I celebrated 13 years of marriage.




4. Our annual camping trip was a huge success, in spite of me having sinusitis and bronchitis (talk about nasty). We had a great time touring Flaming Gorge Dam, swimming, exploring, listening to books on tape, and eating yummy food. Two bonuses to being sick while camping are: first, I couldn't smell the bathrooms at all. And second, I couldn't taste the s'mores, so I had celery for dessert instead. I lost 8 lbs. over the course of the 8 weeks I was sick. There is a silver lining to all trials, folks.







5. Ike caught about 847 fish @ Flaming Gorge, enjoyed his first week-long Boy Scout camp, and he started Jr. High. His mom was a wreck on the first day, but he was his usual nonplussed self.





6. Lincoln ate a giant marshmallow that was almost as big as his head. He loves to help me while the 3 biggest kids are at school. He makes me laugh every day.



7. After waiting her WHOLE life, Alyssa started Kindergarten. We now have daily conversations in which I try to convince her that she loves it and she has to go or I'll get in big trouble (and she wouldn't want that, would she?).







8. After I spotted this photo on the cover of an important gossip magazine, Swen was forced to admit to a hidden life as a secret service agent.





9. Joe has launched a duel career as a professional wrestler and comedian. His pseudonym is "Flawless Diamond," as the shirt suggests. He has to keep a low profile, because the kids in his fifth grade class know him as an extra smart, extra nice kid. In spite of his busy lifestyle, he finds time to be helpful in the kitchen and with Max.





10. And last, but certainly not least, we have finally upgraded our couches. Nothing too fancy for our expert destruction artists. We got this baby off KSL for $125! When the arm of our old couch ripped and Swen applied the packing tape, I drew the line. It already looked embarrassingly bad, but packing tape? Seriously, honey. I know we've learned that nothing lovely lasts in our home, but we have to maintain at least a minimum level of dignity, right?

9 comments:

Ann Mitchell said...

Looks like all is well! A special congrats for the new couch!

Nate & Sarah said...

cute family picture! we need to do
our updated family picture of the 4 of us. you guys have sure been busy lately. glad you updated :)

Alice said...

Cute pictures! Fun new couch (I love leather- baby spit up and sticky finger marks wipe off so easily!)

And, that secret service agent pic looks just like swen! Too funny!

swenandbex said...

The secret service agent pic. IS Swen...except it was taken at a wedding, not a political function. The pic. just made me laugh b/c it looked like it SHOULD be on the cover of a gossip magazine. :)

Alice said...

Haha!

Aleena said...

Love the pics and the update! I'm glad to hear you are all doing so well. You have a beautiful family!

The Tadjes said...

Becca, your pictures are so fun. I think your family picture turned out darling. Yeah for a new couch! I do think that a line should be drawn at packing tape.:) I can't wait to see it.

Allie said...

What a wonderful update, I can't believe how much they've all grown up. We MISS everyone SO much!

Carolyn said...

I love all the new pics. You are right--Max has grown a ton since I saw the last pics! Love you lots!